Where Spirituality & Justice Meet

Real Reflections About Spiritual Formation through Real Life Struggles

Spiritual Formation & Integral Mission

Ed. Steve Bradbury & Lyn Jackson

Melbourne, Australia, October 2018

“…the finest fruit of reflective learning from development practitioners who have genuinely grappled with the reality of spiritual formation in real life situations.”  – C.B. Samuel (Theological Advisor, EFICOR and Micah Global)

If I give everything I own to the poor…but I don’t love, I have gotten nowhere. So no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love. (1 Cor. 13:2, MSG)

What can we do, in cooperation with the Spirit, to ensure our love for God and neighbour grows rather than shrinks?

How can we avoid spiritually enervating and vocationally destructive cynicism – one of the primary occupational hazards facing community development workers?

This unique collection of spiritual formation essays, written by students in Eastern College Australia’s Master of Transformational Development programme, grapples with critical questions such as these.

The authors, all highly experienced community development practitioners, write out of their deep long-term commitment to serve the poor and the marginalised in the name of Christ.

To purchase a copy visit Book Depository

Click here to read The Melbourne Anglican’s review.

For more information, or to leave a review, please contact Steve Bradbury sbradbury@eastern.edu.au

MST Press. Melbourne School of Theology is authorised to deliver courses for the Australian College of Theology.

Graceworks publishing and training consultancy committed to the promotion of spiritual friendship in church and society through publishing and training.

Eastern College Australia – Non-denominational Christian Private Higher Education and Vocational Education provider in Melbourne. ABN: 61 551 855 405